Who Is Eligible For An Occupancy Only Certified Live-In Aide?

livein aid

Who Is Eligible For An Occupancy Only Certified Live-In Aide?

A live-in aide is someone who lives with one or more disabled, elderly, or aged persons, and whom is crucial to the well being and care of that person. The live-in aide is never legally obligated to assist the individual in any way and would never be staying in the same unit as the individual except to supply the needed services. The duties of a live-in aid include but are not limited to bathing, cooking, and errand running. However, most live-in aids are on a voluntary basis and they are usually paid on an individual basis.

If you are looking for a live-in aid, you need to first check out your options. Do you and/or your spouse(s) qualify for home and community care? Do you reside in a rural area where there is no nursing home facility? Are you receiving Social Security or Medicaid? Is your household fairly close in proximity to medical facilities? These are only a few of the situations that could potentially require the services of a live-in companion.

The goal for home and community care aides is to ensure that the senior in your family receives all necessary assistance in maintaining independence. The aide will perform tasks that enable the senior in your family to remain in their home and able to maintain their dignity and independence. While many of these aides actually live in the home, there are others who are hired by the homeowner; however, they too will be provided with assistance in the areas of personal care, transportation and other necessities.

For example, if you have a parent that has Alzheimer’s disease, you may need an aide to help them bathe, take care of errands and make meals. If you or your spouse(s) suffer from a physical disability that limits their ability to care for themselves, you may need someone to assist with these activities. In instances where there is a medical condition causing a person to become incapable of caring for himself, but their condition does not prevent them from remaining in their home, a 24-hour home care aide would be appropriate. The aide would assist in such things as bathing, dressing, medication management and transportation.

It is important to note that in-home aides do not provide professional medical care. Rather, they are there to assist in maintaining a senior’s dignity. A medical professional should be called to assess the situation prior to having an aide in the home. Many people fear that hiring an aide will place their loved one in an adult prison, but in reality, aides are thoroughly trained and are fully aware of their legal rights. They are also fully trained in interacting with doctors, dentists, lawyers, nurses and other professionals. The act of hiring an aide actually protects these professionals.

The live-in aide is eligible for occupancy only if the aide has been assigned by the court to care for an individual in an assisted living facility, nursing home, prison or other similar facility. The aide must have cared for the individual continuously for one full year without receiving any supervision from another individual. The aide may also qualify for occupancy only if the individual in need of the aid resides in a residential home that is permanently supportive and is licensed to provide adult day care.

When an individual in need of an aide in order to care for themselves receives this type of certification from the court, it gives the attorney a leg up in determining whether the owner must provide the necessary supportive services. The court decides what services are necessary based on the individuals’ physical and emotional needs. The judge will also determine what services are necessary based on how well the owner can care for himself, and will also look at the length of time the resident has lived in his or her home. If the resident can’t provide the necessary services, then the resident won’t qualify for the certification.

To find an affordable housing tenant with a disability, an attorney can check with the local housing authority in the area to find out if the resident has a disability. If the resident does have a disability, the attorney can request paperwork from the doctor stating the necessity of the aide. The judge will then issue an occupancy order allowing the aide to stay in the home until the case is settled. This order lets the homeowner know that the home needs to be capable of caring for the new resident. It also relieves the home owner from the responsibility of finding someone who can care for the newly disabled person.